Tactical Team Concepts Instructor
Time & Location
About the Event
This course will be held at the Wright County Tactical Training Center, 5547 County Rd 35 West, Maple Lake, MN 55358
0800-1600 hours daily
This instructor level course will focus on arrest and control techniques specific to S.W.A.T. and tactical team applications. This program has been adapted from the U.S. Army’s Tactical Combatives Course (MACP, USACS) and modified for law enforcement tactical entry teams to provide basic fundamentals in controlling resistant or aggressive suspects. This system has been implemented by the Saint Paul Police S.W.A.T. Team and many other S.W.A.T./Tactical Teams throughout the region.
The principles taught in this course are easy to learn and effective regardless of the actions taken by the subject. This system can be integrated into existing tactics and trains officers to seamlessly transition to appropriate levels of force in a dynamic and fluid environment. The skills taught in this course will keep officers safe, while providing the knowledge and physical tools to apply reasonable and lawful levels of force during operations in a tactical environment.
Course objectives include but are not limited to:
- Establish standard operating procedures for addressing unarmed, assaultive subjects during tactical operations
- Perform single-officer and multiple-officer takedowns on a resistant subject
- Develop skills in controlling and restraining combative subjects
- React to a fully resistant subject at close quarters
- Integrate arrest and control tactics during dynamic room clearing procedures
Agencies are encouraged to send at least two officers to this course
to enhance the team component of this training.
- Officers are encouraged to bring all issued tactical gear to include:
- Tactical body armor
- Ballistic helmet, if issued
- Eye protection
- Assigned duty pistol with holster
- Rifle/sub-machine gun and sling
- Radio/communication devices
- Tactical uniform
- TTC$599+$29.95 Handling$599+$29.95 Handling0$0