Search and Seizure
Time & Location
About the Event
Search and seizure for patrol operations: an exploration of the 4th and 5th amendments as they apply to the patrol officer.
Class will also include in-depth discussion on qualified immunity as well as recent binding court cases that apply to police officers.
This course will explore the following concepts from the perspective of a patrol officer:
- Exploration of what is a search and what is a seizure
- The difference between reasonable suspicion and probable cause, and the legal standard required to meet each standard
- Discussion on Terry v. Ohio, and how it pertains to detentions and pat searches for weapons
- Warrantless searches and seizures
- Warrantless entry of dwellings
- The standard of proof required to obtain a warrant
- When Miranda applies, and what is considered an “in custody” as well as what is considered an “interrogating” question
- Pen and paper/notebook
- SS$199+$9.95 Handling$199+$9.95 Handling0$0