Search and Seizure
Time & Location
About the Event
Search and seizure for patrol operations: an exploration of the 4th and 5th amendments as they apply to the patrol officer.
Class will also include in-depth discussion on qualified immunity as well as recent binding court cases that apply to police officers.
This course will explore the following concepts from the perspective of a patrol officer:
- Exploration of what is a search and what is a seizure
- The difference between reasonable suspicion and probable cause, and the legal standard required to meet each standard
- Discussion on Terry v. Ohio, and how it pertains to detentions and pat searches for weapons
- Warrantless searches and seizures
- Warrantless entry of dwellings
- The standard of proof required to obtain a warrant
- When Miranda applies, and what is considered an “in custody” as well as what is considered an “interrogating” question
- Pen and paper/notebook
PAY BY CHECK
Please email email@example.com.
"It was different attending a course taught by someone who is an officer and an attorney. The knowledge John had was great, especially with knowing both sides."
-Anissa Ng, Lino Lakes Police Department
"Very knowledgeable! Had job experience and was able to use first hand experiences. What I liked most was how the items presented pertained to the job!"
-Charles Mahon, MSP Airport Police Department
"The combination of officer and lawyer is incredibly rare, which makes for great material and training. Great refresher, even after 14 years on the job."
-Dan Thill, Lino Lakes Police Department
"Knowledgeable in both the law AND how it applies to street cops. Cajacob has the unique experience of being literate with the law and actually seeing how it plays out in LE. The whole presentation just made sense."
- SS$199+$9.95 Handling$199+$9.95 Handling0$0